TrafficGuard blocks users that are detected as invalid traffic. Invalid traffic can be detected by various reasons one of which is receiving multiple clicks on the ad. With the Validation Rules feature you are able to choose the number of clicks you will allow on your ad before TrafficGuard blocks them.
Before you start, follow the steps in PPC Enabling Traffic Control to enable Traffic Control in your portal.
Please note: Validation Rules is only available on our ProtectPro PPC plan. To upgrade your plan, follow the steps in the following article or reach out to us on chat
- Validation Rule Type - Currently we offer only click frequency which defines limits on how many times a user can click on your Google Ads before being blocked.
- Maximum clicks per user - Number of clicks you can set for the user.
- At the - Account level, is to apply the rule on your property or Campaign level, is to apply the rule to your campaign.
- Per and Period - The number of hours or days you would like to have this rule applied for. Which means after if you have applied the a rule to block a user after 2 clicks per 1 hour then it will block users that click more than 2 times in an hour.
Note: You can have a maximum of 4 Validation Rules.
Steps to create Validation Rules
- Select Traffic control from the sidebar navigation and then Validation Rules.
- There will be 3 default rules already applied, you can choose to edit these.