By whitelisting IP addresses, you can overwrite TrafficGuard's invalidation.
In Traffic Control, you can whitelist specific IP addresses so that traffic from the whitelisted dimension always bypasses TrafficGuard's fraud mitigation. However, whitelisting should be used with caution.
You can simply set up, edit or delete a whitelist on the portal by following the instructions below.
Before you start, enable PPC Traffic Control in your portal.
Steps to enable whitelisting
- Select Traffic control from the sidebar navigation and then Whitelist .
- Click ADD NEW to open the whitelist configuration window.
- In the configuration window, click Select type.
- Choose the appropriate whitelist type for your situation. We support both IPv4 and IPv6.
- Make sure that the Is enabled toggle is on and name your whitelist.
- Add the value that you want to whitelist. In the example, you have to provide IPv4 address value e.g. 18.104.22.168.
- Under Apply to, select where the whitelist applies. You can add multiple values to each attribute.
- Click SAVE to apply the whitelisting.
Edit the existing whitelist
You can make a change to each whitelisting rule that you set up.
- Navigate to Traffic control > Whitelist. You will see a list of the existing whitelists that is in effect.
- Click on the rule that you want to make a change.
- Edit the whitelist values and attributes. Or delete the whitelist on the top right-hand side.
- Click 'SAVE'.
Temporary disable and enable a whitelist
You can temporary disable the rule by turning off Is enabled toggle.