TrafficGuard is able to track conversions on your website using our conversion snippet, which uses the same conversion ID and label from your Google Ads account.
The reason why this is useful is because we match the conversion to the click on your ad and it works as an additional data point to validate IPs.
To implement the conversion snippet in GTM you will need to do the following steps -
- Login to your Google Tag Manager
- Click on 'Tags' on the left
- Name the conversion snippet
- In Tag Configuration choose "Custom HTML Tag"
- Paste the copied TrafficGuard conversion snippet into the Custom HTML text area
6. Select the corresponding trigger for the tag you have just created.
For example 'Your Company Contact Form' trigger, in this example the new tag you have created will generate a conversion every time someones fills out the contact form.
7. Save your trigger and Save the Tag
You can find out how to create conversion snippets please see How to create conversion events in the TrafficGuard portal
Please also make sure that the conversion snippet is sequenced to fire after the TrafficGuard JS Tag.
The snippet works in combination with the JS Tag. Please make sure you have implemented TrafficGuard's JS Tag on all pages of your website.
To know how to implement the JS Tag follow this article