TrafficGuard's collection of information is in accordance with the MRC IVT detection and filtration standards to the extent that legal and business contractual
requirements and restrictions of Personal Identifying Information (PII) don't dictate eliminating one or more of these fields from retained records or altering the content of fields for identity protection purposes.
Data quality and completeness is a critical element of invalid traffic detection and filtration. Data completeness for events or transactions shall include elements such as device information, user information (cookies, IP address, user agent string [as complete as possible, unmodified], and relevant ad serving information (ad serving sources, placement and campaign information, site information, application information, referrer information, etc.). The objective is to ensure the full record is received, not partially or fully lost or otherwise not corrupted.
The objective of measurement organizations and their business partners shall be to ensure transparency with respect to where the ad is served from, the device type and the user agent receiving the ad. This information shall be captured in ad serving transactions and maintained across business partner information transfer.
The following fields shall be captured where possible/applicable:
- Event Type (describes the nature of the transaction)
- Transaction ID (unique identifier for a given transaction)
- IP Address (X-Forwarded-For especially in instances of traffic routing or use of proxies such as in a corporate structure, for OTT or Server Side Ad Insertion [SSAI])
- MAC Address
- User Agent (full user agent string, browser and OS)
- Cookie/Unique Identifier or Mobile ID Field^^
- App Identifier (iOS IFA [numeric or bundle], Google AID, Windows AID)^^
- Mobile Telephone Number (can be partially obscured for PI reasons)^^
- Referrer Site Information, if applicable
- Consent string, if applicable
- Device ID, Device Type^^
- Carrier Information; Carrier Routing^^
- Location information^^
- Publisher ID, Site ID, Section ID, Placement ID
- Publisher site governance audit or certification information
- IAB Tech Lab Ads.txt and App-Ads.txt^^ information
- URL (full URL of the page or app where the ad was served)
- Advertiser ID, Campaign ID, Creative ID, Creative Type, Ad ID
- Method (e.g., GET, Post)
- Status Code (e.g., 200, 302, 400, 500)
- Pre-Fetch Headers (X-MOZ/FireFox, X-Purpose/Safari)
- OpenRTB attributes, where applicable
- Video/Audio Ads Completion Data (i.e., start, 25%, 50%, 75%, complete)
^^ The above list includes specific fields for mobile devices, although many of the general fields also apply to a mobile environment.